Tape width : 5cm to 5.5cm Thickness :2,8 mm - 4 mm Length : 1,60 m...
Tape width : 5cm to 5.5cm Thickness :2,8 mm - 4 mm Length : 1,53 m...
Period : 50 - 1600 Large - medium - small Iron
Guige strap & Forearm straps
Vegetable leather of 4mm - 4,5mm
Harnessing system Kit for Norman or Roman long shield : Guige strap & Forearm straps
This Guige strap & Forearm straps system will allow you to mount your shield harnessing; the hard work has been done for you. This harness is sturdy, reliable and fully functional.
This kit includes :
Guige strap in2 parts :
The guige strap is an adjustable strap (in 2 parts), which will allow you to carry your shield on your shoulder.
This Guige, ready to use, will easily allow you to mount your shield harnessing.
You have just simply to drill 2 holes in your shield and to flip over split pin (located on the rings) across the shield on the diamond washer (supplied with the kit).
- A girth (adjustable strap), fitted with an historical buckle and rings with split pin made from iron, the strap is sewn with a strong Campbell's waxed linen thread with the saddler point technique.
- A long billet strap, will allow you to pass it through the buckle to adjust the length set (shoulder set and fight set).
With the diamond washers, the product will be secured as firmly as possible.
No hole is drilled on the strap, it will allow you to drill it yourself, to your own measurements.
Forearm straps in 4 parts :
Forearm straps consist of two adjustable girths (in 4 parts) that will allow you to hold your shield with your forearm.
- 2 girths fitted with historical buckles made from forged iron, are sewn with a strong waxed linen . You will have to attach the other side on your shield with a rivet and two square washers (supplied with the kit).
- 2 billet straps, will allow you to pass it through the buckles to adjust the length set. You will have to attach the other side on your shield with a rivet and two square washers (supplied with the kit).
No hole is drilled on the straps, it will allow you to drill it yourself, to your own measurements.
Mounting supplies :
- This kit is supplied with different rivet lengths (20mm, 25mm, 30mm), to allow you to be as close fitting as possible with a variety of shield thicknesses.
- Square washers on which you will peen your rivets for an optimal strength.
- Diamond washers.
Caring for your Harnessing :
Grease your leather before use.
Some sample pictures